An introductory course to the Python 3 programming language, with a curriculum aligned to the Certified Associate in Python Programming (PCAP) examination syllabus (PCAP-31-02).
This course provides an in-depth and hands-on introduction to the Python 3 programming language. The curriculum of this course also covers all of the core modules of the Certified Associate in Python Programming (PCAP) examination syllabus (PCAP-31-02) should you wish to become certified. To apply to take the PCAP examination, please visit the Python Institute website for detailed instructions. Note that this course provided by HyperLearning AI is in no way endorsed nor supported by the Python Institute, and by completing our course you will NOT become automatically certified. To become certified, you must apply via the Python Institute website and pass the subsequent examination.
- 1. Getting Started in Python
- 2. Control and Evaluations Part 1
- 3. Control and Evaluations Part 2
- 4. Data Aggregates Part 1
- 5. Data Aggregates Part 2
- 6. Functions and Modules Part 1
- 7. Functions and Modules Part 2
- 8. Classes and Objects Part 1
- 9. Classes and Objects Part 2
- 10. IO and Exceptions
- 11. PCAP Practice Exam
There are no prerequisites to taking this course.
- An intermediate-level understanding of general computer programming concepts including common data structures, control flow, functions and object-oriented programming (OOP).
- The ability to develop software applications and services in Python 3.
- Foundational coding knowledge from which to develop a career as an applied data scientist, software engineer and/or data engineer.